Friday, August 15, 2008

Thing Three RSS

I read about Really Simple Syndication and also took a look at other round two "23 things" participants and their blog comments about RSS feeds. I then set up a Google Reader RSS account. I initially added some type of financial subscription to my Reader account and was almost instantly bombarded with over 220 messages. It was probably a good thing, because then I had to search around on the site to learn how to unsubscribe. I am wondering about the streamlining of information that RSS feeds claim to provide for users. Right now it just seems like one more Internet site that I have to log into and sort through and spend time reading. I did add a few of my co-workers blogs to my RSS feed. I feel that this part will be useful. Because of my new RSS knowledge, I know now exactly why a former librarian co-worker was able to respond to my last blog post almost immediately even though she lives in another State and I didn't let her know that I was posting a new message.

No comments: